It is the responsibility of the DMCC licensed company to make sure that all employees are endorsed to work in the DMCC Free Zone by attaining an access approval, an identity card, and an employment visa. DMCC sponsors a residence permit for each employee of a DMCC Certified company, unless they fall under the sponsorship of their father or brother. The residence permit is applicable for 3 years before it needs to be renewed.
There are a plethora of ways in which employees can get the application process processed to garner a DMCC visa. In one case, the applicant is permitted to transfer their residence permit to the new DMCC company they are switching to, if they are coming from a company in DMCC or in another Free Zone, or a government organization. In other cases, the applicant has the option of cancelling their previous residence permit if they are coming from a company not falling within the Free Zone, and resume the process of obtaining a new one. Similarly, an applicant who has entered the UAE on a visit visa can get their visa transferred to an employment residence permit, but if an applicant enters Dubai on an employment entry permit, they need to complete all steps of the process before their visa can be stamped as an employment residence permit.
- When applying for the employee entry permit, your passport must have a minimum of 8 months of validity.
- Passport information must be used to enter the applicants’ details.
- In place of educational certificates, a copy of shares certificate needs to be uploaded if the applicant is a shareholder of the company holding at least 50 shares.
- Relevant educational certificates are used to support designations, after attestation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
- GDRFA and DMCC approval processes might cause delays in entry permit issuance, because of which employees might face difficulties.
- Entry permit cannot be renewed and is only valid for 60 days. Once expired, it needs to be cancelled.
- All applications will be subject to the rules and regulations of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) in Dubai.
- Company establishment license and card must be valid if an applicant wants to apply for the service request.
All business setup companies in Dubai have the option of choosing from over 600 business activities with DMCC. They range across twenty sectors, including media, education, shipping, aviation, healthcare, FMCG, construction, technology, gold and diamonds, commodities, and energy and services such as community, personal, financial, and professional.